How I Earn Money While Shopping Online with Ebates by Rakuten
Disclaimer: Please note that this post may include affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you make a purchase with those links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps support the blog. Thanks for your support!
Did you know that you can make money while you’re shopping online? I do all the time with Ebates by Rakuten and I want to show you how you can do the same with this cashback app!
I use this amazing app called Ebates by Rakuten and earn cash back each time I purchase an item through their Ebates app. It’s absolutely free to use! Rakuten is the same as Ebates. Why? Because the company, Rakuten, recently purchased Ebates and changed the name.
Disclaimer: Please note that this post may include affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you make a purchase with those links. This helps support the blog and I only suggest products from companies that I use personally and trust. Thanks for your support!
Here’s how it works:
Use their phone app, website, or Chrome browser extension go through Ebates to shop online, then will Ebates get a commission from the store for sending them a customer (you!).
This is when the magic happens! Ebates shares that commission with you. You’ll earn a percentage of the money you spent via check or PayPal!
Here’s a screenshot of my lifetime cash earned ($465.71)!
You can ignore the fact that I’ve been a member since 2011 since I just started actually using the app recently!
Be warned, this is simply another income stream for me and clearly is not a “get rich quick” scheme. But it is an easy, fun way to make some extra cash!
I think you’ll be surprised to see how many stores use Rakuten to offer cash back. Before I shop, I ALWAYS check Rakuten to see if there are any cash back promotions (or free shipping!!)
Some of my favorite Ebates cashback deals are with these stores, who consistently offer a high Ebates cashback offer:
How To Sign Up for Ebates
- You can use either your email or Facebook account you sign up to Ebates.
- Once signed up, search for the store you’ll be shopping with. For instance, here are a few of the current promotions (these are not the only stores offering cash back, but the most recent that are offering double cash back!!)
3. When you click through one of those links and purchase an item, the cash back you’ve earned is added to your account (usually within 24 hours!)
How Do You Get Paid By Ebates?
Ebates sends out their payment quarterly (every 3 months). You’ll need to have earned at least $5 to get the quarterly payout (or it will roll over to the next payout date).
Here’s the payment schedule:
The EASIEST Way To Earn Is Through The Ebates Chrome Extension!
Please note: you must use Google Chrome for this method to work! If you do, this will make earning cash back amazingly easy. This is when I really started earning money because it is almost effortless.
- Download the Rakuten Extension from the Chrome Store and install.
- An “R” logo will appear in the upper right corner (next to the URL bar)
3. When you are shopping on a website that has an Ebates cash back offer, the little “R” will start flashing red! Then when it is activated, it will turn white (which is what needs to happen for you to earn the cash!) This pop-up will also appear so that you can easily click on it:
On top of all of this, you can even earn a $25 referral bonus for each person who signs up under your affiliate link with Ebates!
Here’s your invitation to sign up for Ebates by Rakuten and start earning cash today!
If you have any questions at all, please reach out or leave a comment below. I’d be happy to help!
Want to hear about another one of my side hustles? Check out my post about how I turn my closet into cash on Poshmark!